Advanced Vehicle Development Architect - Electrification-ENG0015477
- Lead the math-model based packaging and integration of powertrain and hybrid components into advanced vehicles.
- Support the Propulsion / Battery system architecture strategy for new programs.
- Be the main contact and active participant in design meetings and workgroups.
- Understand and provide design deliverables for all vehicle development timing gates.
- Ensure that the packaging and integration supports performance requirements.
- Conduct Peer Reviews to obtain agreement on designs and performance requirements.
- Ensure that the designs support and are aligned with the Vehicle Assembly plant manufacturing processes.
- Resolve physical integration issues.
- Ensure that all Vehicle-Hybrid Safety requirements are comprehended.
- Determine feasibility of new/re-use of components in Vehicle Architectures.
- Support the cost initiatives and constraints.
- Work with Application Engineers, Battery Leads and components experts on technology changes.
- Support Advanced Technology and Special Projects as required
- 3-7 years engineering related experience: hybrid, electric, transmission and/or PT engineering
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
- Unigraphics capability and/or experience working with math-based design, analysis and/or packaging.
- Understanding of powertrain and / or hybrid components that may include engines, transmissions, drive units related electronic controllers
- Ability to work in dynamic, and often ambiguious, environments that are complex and time compressed.
- Thorough knowledge of program deliverables and timing.
- Ability to lead a team to define best practices and optimize design solutions.
- Understands the design, release and change process.
- Strategic interface with all groups that interface with Electrification components.
- Understanding of Service and Manufacturing requirements that influence design.
Posting Date: Aug 15, 2013, 9:18:46 AM - Ongoing